A Custom Menu Module for ContentBox
Super Menu is all about giving you control over your site's menus. While it's nice to have some menus be auto-generated, Super Menu gives you the control to create your own menus and use them however--and wherever--you want.
Whether you are creating a customized global site navigation, or a page-specific mini-menu, Super Menu makes it easy!
Zones are ways of identifying placeholders for your menus. You can use zones in two ways:
- Specify a default zone for a given menu. This will render the menu for that zone anywhere where you specify that zone in your layouts or views.
- Override a zone per page. When editing a page, you can select the menu that you would like to apply to the specified zone, regardless of any prior configuration in the view.
(See Usage for examples)
The beauty of creating menus with Super Menu is that they are as flexible as you need them to be. You can do the following in your menu:
- Nest content in any structure you'd like with a super-easy drag-n-drop interface
- Include published pages in any order you want
- Include blog posts in any order you want
- Make your own custom links!
(See Usage for examples)
There are several ways to use Super Menu, all with complete flexibility in mind.
Zones with Default Menus
One of the most flexible ways to use Super Menu is to create a zone "placeholder" and then associate it with a menu. To do this:
- First, create a zone (e.g., "Sidebar")
- Next, adjust your layout with the code to embed Super Menu:
- getPlugin( plugin="SuperMenu", module="SuperMenu" ).renderIt( zone="Sidebar" )
- Finally, edit one of your menus and select "Sidebar" as the zone.
The menu should now appear in all pages where the layout with the plugin code is used! And better yet, if you ever change the menu that is associated to the zone, the new menu content will be instantly reflected in your rendered content.
Of course, you don't have to use zones if you don't want to. You can also simply plunk a menu into a layout or view by using the menu's "slug". To do this:
- First, create your custom menu (e.g., slug="custom-menu")
- Next, add the folowing to your layout:
- getPlugin( plugin="SuperMenu", module="SuperMenu" ).renderIt( slug="custom-menu" )
As with the zone example, this will now render the specified menu (by slug) where the plugin code is used.
Page Overrides for Zones
One powerful option with Super Menu is ability to override zone defaults at a page or blog entry level. To do this:
- In the desired page, select the menu that you'd like to use for the selected zone.
- Save the page.
You should now see whatever menu you selected when editing the page, regardless of what the menu default for the zone might be.
Get the code here: https://github.com/existdissolve/SuperMenu
Super Menu adds a few custom tables to your ContentBox database. Therefore, installation requires at least 2 steps.
Step 1: Activate the module
Step 2: Follow the on-screen instructions for finalizing installation. Depending on your preference and setup, you can choose from one of three options:
- Full manual installation completion (add tables and update ORM entities yourself)
- Partial installation completion (add tables yourself, but let Super Menu update entities)
- Full automatic installation completion (let Super Menu add tables and update entities)
If something goes wrong during completion of installation, check:
- In your ContentBox database, you should have 4 new tables:
- In SuperMenu/model/orm, you should have 4 components:
- All of these components should be persistent (e.g., persistent=true) when Super Menu is activated.
If you deactivate Super Menu, you will need to remove any inclusions of the Super Menu plugin in your layouts or views.
Version 1.2 - Fixed issue with menu items showing as expired in CF10
Version 1.1 - Support for ContentBox express and HSQL scripts
Version 1.0 - Initial commit
Here are all the versions for this package. Please note that you can leverage CommandBox package versioning to install any package you like. Please refer to our managing package version guide for more information.
||Dec 16 2012 11:29 PM
||Jun 10 2016 09:02 AM